There are more factors to consider when buying your wedding ring than just the design and the durability. How it reacts in the face of your everyday activities also comes into play- the shower being a prime example.
Titanium’s strength barely needs repeating here, but what about how it copes in water?
Will you need to remove it every time you jump in? Will it need a host of magic potions to restore its lustre? I’ll kill the suspense right here- no, you won’t.
Titanium is rust and corrosion-proof. In fact, its durability is one of the reasons that it’s been a ‘go-to’ material in sectors as diverse as aerospace to medicine. It will need quite the battering to see any wear and tear on your titanium ring, and unless you’ve got some kind of Powershower 3000, with chlorine blasting out too, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
This article has all you need to know about how titanium’s characteristics and what you need to do to ensure it stays in perfect condition.
Your Questions Answered?
Titanium Rings And Water
It takes extreme conditions to break down titanium. Plain water poses no threat whatsoever. However, water with chemicals or salt is a different matter.
If you are going for a swim or at the beach, you should be more cautious as those materials CAN prove corrosive
We would always advise you to remove your titanium ring before swimming and washing. Chlorine and other chemicals can effect the ring, especially if it’s plated.
Titanium is a great choice for a ring and it has many positives, but like anything you should take a little care. It’s easy enough to remove it and we would suggest you do.
Washing your hands under tap water shouldn’t damage your titanium ring. Care should be taken if it has different parts of the ring that have been glued. As overtime water can start to break down the glue.
Will Titanium Ring Turn My Finger Green?
Is Titanium Stronger Than Platinum?
Titanium’s strength is one of its selling points. You want the reassurance of knowing when you invest in a wedding ring, it will last at least as long as the marriage… and titanium strength advantages over silver and platinum play a huge part in its popular appeal.
This unbelievable strength makes it highly scratch-resistant but, with enough force, it is scratchable. It also makes titanium rings harder to cut (for re-sizing) but with the right tools, they can be cut and modified to your taste easily enough.
How To Clean a Titanium Ring?
A titanium ring is a relatively easy piece of jewelry to clean and maintain– let’s look at how to do it properly.
- It is highly recommended that you use lukewarm water to clean your titanium rings. Add some detergent-free soap to your water and use a soft cloth to clean your ring throughout– on the outer surface, and on the inner part.
- You can even do this cleaning while you’re in the shower. Maybe even bring the toothbrush and razor in too, and you can make a party of it?
- Oh, one last point. Make sure that you use a plain and soft cloth for the cleaning. Any hard, or abrasive material may cause some scratching or marks on your ring and ruin its shine. Yes, it is strong but not entirely scratch-proof!
How Long Would a Titanium Wedding Band Last?
Do Titanium Rings Fade If They Are Colored?
Titanium rings come in many colors, styles, and designs. You can customize them as per your liking and get them tailored specifically to your personal style. But the question is, will it get faded in a matter of time?
In its true color and form, it will never fade. Even if you get some scratchings on the surface, you can just polish over them to make your ring appear brand new.
Colored titanium rings are anodized to give them the desired color and look. If you own an anodized titanium ring, you’ll need a bit more maintenance because without regular polishing it and cleaning, the anodized coating will fade, and it will expose the original color of the titanium on the surface.
Pros And Cons Of Titanium Rings
- Titanium rings tend to last a lifetime, so offer great value for your money
- They are strong and rust-resistant, ensuring they retain their beauty and shine
- They are stylish and versatile–you can wear them anywhere, with anything
- They are lightweight, and, therefore comfortable and non-intrusive on your hand
- They can be tricky to resize if you gain or lose some weight*
- They don’t have a glossy shine- they have a matte finish which may not be what everyone wants.
Wrapping things up, it is safe to say that you can wear your titanium ring in the shower and not worry about it getting damaged. Titanium has many fantastic qualities, that have earnt its popularity as wedding ring material of choice for many men. Hopefully this article has went some way to helping you decide if it’s the one for you!
And if it has? Make our selection of titanium rings your first port of call.
Remember all our titanium rings have free delivery, with free returns and a years guarantee.